Tech Mentors & Champions
About the Program
The WHOI Office for Technology Transfer is building a strong network of entrepreneurs and industry professionals to provide mentorship as well as entrepreneurial expertise to WHOI scientists, engineers, research staff, and students.
The Mentors and Champions Program will allow WHOI innovators access to professionals with start-up experience and specialized industry knowledge with the goal of making the commercialization of WHOI innovations more successful.
If you have extensive professional and industry experience and you are interested in our Tech Mentors and Champions Program, please register below.
For more information, please contact Allison Nangle.
After completing your online registration and submitting a resume, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and extend invitations to Mentors & Champions whose industry expertise aligns with the needs of WHOI's technology portfolio.
Register to be a Mentor or Champion
What we are looking for
- Significant professional experience and comprehensive industry understanding
- Willingness and capacity to donate time and share knowledge
- Passion for teaching in all aspects of the innovation process – from business plan to commercialization
- Enthusiasm for WHOI innovations and the mission of the Office of Technology Transfer
- Proven entrepreneurial experience and start-up know-how
- Extensive professional experience and industry knowledge
- Experience raising capital, finding funding sources, and willingness to provide connections
- Capacity to drive innovations to the funding stage
- Product development experience
- Interest in WHOI innovations and passion for making these inventions commercially successful
Meet some of WHOI OTT’s Mentors and Champions & learn more about the projects they are working on.